Saturday, June 1, 2013

My sweet boy

Today was a rough day. Nothing specific -- just general tiredness of being a mommy. Dishes (again), messy house (again), kids climbing on me (nonstop) and feeling overwhelmed and stuck.

But my sweet boy was by far my bright spot. At one point in the morning, he said, "I'm sorry I give you a headache, Mommy." Precious!

But the one that still gets me happened later in the day. I was crying from feeling so overwhelmed and Ash asked me what was wrong. I told him I was just having a bad day. So he took the dirty diaper I had just changed on Kennedy and went and threw it away for me, without being asked. When he came back, he said, "Mommy, I asked God to give you a good day."

Of course I kept crying, and I'm crying now, thinking of my sweet boy who is so good at caring for me. He's not even four yet! What a blessing he is -- I love him so very much!!!

(UPDATE: The next day, Sunday, we were driving home from church.  It had been a really good service and I was feeling very thankful for that time with my family.  I told Ash, "Remember yesterday when you prayed that I would have a good day?  Well, today has been a very good day."  And he smiled so big and said in amazement, "He did it!"  Love that I was able to witness his reaction to his first answered prayer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment