Wednesday, April 18, 2012

and so it begins

I'm hesitant to be starting a new blog.  Some of you might remember that I didn't do a very good job at keeping a blog when Ash was born (http://gregandemilyford.blogspot.com/); the last post I wrote there was almost exactly two years ago.  I also don't want to be the stereotypical stay-at-home mom who has this entire blogging community that she doesn't know in real life, who asks people to "add" her and posting pictures of her recent coupon-crazy purchases and how she threw an entire handcrafted birthday party for only $3.

But I'm also realizing that I've started to turn into "that mom" who overloads facebook with statuses about funny kid sayings and way too many pictures of her kids.  I can't help it, though, that Ash and Kennedy are the two most beautiful children in the world, and it's actually a crime for me to NOT post things about them all the time.  So to give myself an outlet, and because there might be a few people out there who want to read what I'm feeling through this career transition (hi, Mom!)...well, here's my blog.

And what better way to start my blog than with some recent pictures and a video of Ash, talking about me staying at home with him. :)




http://vimeo.com/40633973 (Click this to see the video of Ash.)

1 comment:

  1. Emily, first of all, I love the name of your blog! I wish you the best - I'm sure you will post honest reflections and observations...and lots of other stuff... :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete